The Top 10 New rules for 2019
Are you all up to date with the New Rule changes..
The new rules were brought in to try to speed up the game of golf.
Some seem pretty straight forward ..
So here's a list of the top 10 that we think may help you along.
1. Penalty and free drops to be made from knee rather than shoulder height.
2. Only three minutes rather than five allowed to search for a lost ball.
3. A damaged club, even as a result of abuse in anger, can be repaired and used in remainder of round.
4. No penalty for hitting the flagstick in the hole with a shot played on the green.
5. No penalty for accidentally moving your ball as long as it is replaced to the correct spot.
6. Spike marks can be repaired on the green. (try not to spend to long doing it)
7. No penalty for an accidental double hit.
8. It becomes possible to take a penalty drop out of a bunker.
9. Loose impediments may be removed in bunkers and the sand can be touched with a club prior to a stroke from the hazard but not in a practice swing, on the back swing or to test the surface.
10. Water hazards are now known as "penalty areas" as can other areas of courses be if so deemed by the committee.